Skincare, skincare, skincare – I talk about it all the time. Why? Because taking care of your skin is important! The older I get, the more I realize why when I was young, people said – don’t tan. I tanned, shhh don’t tell anyone. The good news, I haven’t purposely worked on a tan in years and I’m as pale as nature intended me to be. I’m all about embracing and loving the pale! I want my skin to feel good and look healthy for as long as I can.
So here we go with another peak into what’s happening in my skincare routine. I’ve said before, I am so appreciative of the companies I’ve had the pleasure of working with. I had the pleasure of trying the D’OR 24K Multi-Vitamin Recovery Day Cream and D’OR 24K Facial Peel c/o D’OR 24K Cosmetics. Both of these products were packaged luxuriously and beautifully, What are the product claims and how do they work? What are my thoughts? I’m going to tell you all about these two beauties!
D’OR 24K Facial Peel
This facial peel packs some powerful skin repair claims
- Exfoliates dead skin damaged by pollution, blemishes, stress, and oxidation, to reveal the soft, fresh skin below
- Reveals a new elasticity and texture leaving skin feeling smoother, firmer, and more youthful
- Unique ability to attract moisture and stimulate healthy collagen production, even in dry or sun damaged skin
- Improves skin’s texture and tone, skin will continue to improve as you stimulate collagen growth
Apply exfoliating peel on damp skin. Rub gently in circular motion to slough off dry skin. Rinse with warm water and dry. For best results, apply D’OR24K Moisturizer. Use twice weekly.
I’m not a skin care expert but I can tell you what has worked for me based on my skin type and experiences. When in doubt, I suggest working with an esthetician to address your skin concerns, then find products that match your needs. You can read more about my skin care routine here.
I have sensitive yet oily skin. I don’t recommend using a facial peel twice weekly. For beginners, i suggest once a week every other week. I typically alternate a peel or mask of some kind each week.
D’OR 24K Multi-Vitamin Recovery Day Cream
- A highly-concentrated cream infused with actual, precious 24-karat gold
- Supports your skin’s natural collagen production, which helps it appear younger, healthier, and more beautiful
- Melts away fine lines and wrinkles
- Infused with green tea to protect your skin from sun damage while reducing inflammation and building collagen
D’OR 24K Multi-Vitamin Recovery Day Cream: Apply to clean, dry skin in the morning and evening. Use daily.
I great hydrating moisturizer is the key to great looking skin. My skin is oily, I have to be careful or I’ll have a huge breakout. I once wore a hat for a week due to a retinol induced breakout. True story. I find my makeup applies more evenly and just all around looks better when my skin is hydrated. Also, my natural makeup free face looks better as well when my skin is properly hydrated.
Bottom line, when using a new face product I typically proceed with caution and make sure my skin can adjust and handle the product.